Monday 20 February 2012

The Drums - Days


Hey, everybody, it's a new single by The Drums. Isn't that neat?


I don't know about you, but I love it when a band gets famous for having a certain sound, and then continue to replicate that said sound throughout all of their future material. It just makes having to listen to music more enjoyable. I mean, if I like a sound, why would I want it to change? Why kill a prize horse, right? And what's with all these silly, pretentious musicians trying to push themselves artistically or do that thing where they completely alternate their sound between albums.? I mean, who wants that? Losers.

In the looped-like "Days", The Drums keep their hazy, downbeat sound and bittersweet vocals. But the vocals are slightly stronger and cleaner. ARGH. I FEAR CHANGE. I'm going  to have to listen to the first album constantly for a few days just to feel right again. Also, what's with the death metal album artwork? I liked it when they just had their name on the cover. That was good enough. Arty farty shits.

Eliot Humphreys

No comments:

Post a Comment